Over here at The Co. we love a good exit plan. We are not talking run away bride or anything… rather an exit strategy that involves creating picture worthy moments everyone can be a part of.
A memorable exit can be a wonderful way to conclude your wedding ceremony or bid farewell to your guests at the end of the night. There are numerous creative and fun exit ideas to choose from, depending on your style and preferences.
Sydney Marie Photography
Here are some of our popular end-of-night exit ideas for weddings:
- Sparkler Send-Off: Provide guests with sparklers to light as you make your grand exit. The sparkling lights create a magical, enchanting effect in your photos.
- Biodegradable Confetti Toss: Have your guests toss biodegradable confetti or flower petals as you exit. It’s colorful, eco-friendly, and makes for stunning photos.
- Bubbles: Distribute bottles of bubbles for your guests to blow as you walk through a cloud of floating bubbles. It’s a whimsical and charming exit idea.
- Rice or Birdseed Toss: Rice or birdseed tosses are a classic tradition symbolizing fertility and prosperity. Just be sure to use birdseed, which is safe for wildlife.
- Glow Sticks: Glow sticks can create a vibrant and energetic exit. Their glow-in-the-dark effect is especially striking for evening weddings.
- Lavender Toss: Lavender tosses not only look and smell lovely but also have calming and aromatic properties, making for a pleasant exit experience.
- Streamers or Ribbon Wands: Provide guests with streamers or ribbon wands to wave as you leave. The vibrant colors add a festive touch.
- Umbrella Send-Off: If your wedding has a rainy or overcast forecast, turn it into an opportunity. Give your guests matching umbrellas for a unique and fun exit.
- Champagne or Sparkling Cider Toast: Raise your glasses for a celebratory toast before departing. It’s a classy and sophisticated way to end the night.
Amanda Donaho Photography
- Fireworks Display: If your budget allows, a fireworks display can be a spectacular way to end the night with a bang.
- Balloon Release: Have guests release balloons into the sky as you exit. It creates a whimsical and cheerful atmosphere.
- Vintage Car Departure: Make a stylish exit in a vintage car. It adds a touch of elegance and charm to your departure.
Olivia Doerfler Photography
- Horse-Drawn Carriage: For a fairytale ending, depart in a horse-drawn carriage. It’s a romantic and enchanting exit idea.
- Boat or Yacht Departure: If you’re near water, a boat or yacht departure can be a picturesque and unique way to end the night.
- Helicopter Exit: If you’re looking for an unforgettable exit, consider taking off in a helicopter for a breathtaking departure.
Ashley Wallace Photography
Remember to coordinate your chosen exit idea with your wedding photographer and planner to ensure you capture the moment beautifully and that all logistical details are in place. Ultimately, the exit should reflect your personality as a couple and add a memorable touch to your wedding day.
Natasha and The Aisle & Co. Team